Grilling is popular this time of year, bringing family and friends together to enjoy the great outdoors, whether for a simple summer dinner or a holiday weekend picnic bash. Blossman Gas & Appliance has five top Safety Tips to prepare your propane grill for summer grilling to help you enjoy a safe and happy grilling season.
5 Top Tips for Propane Grilling Safety
1. Always keep the top open when lighting a grill until you are sure that it is lit.
2. Never pour an accelerant such as lighter fluid or gasoline on the grill.
3. Never use matches or lighters to check for leaks.
4. When finished grilling, turn off the burner controls and close the cylinder valve.
5. Make sure the grill is clean. When finished grilling and the grill is turned off but hot, clean off the grates. Once the grill cools, clean out the collection tray.
For more guidelines regarding handling a propane cylinder for your gas grill and the proper sequence for starting your gas grill go to: http://www.blossmangas.com/content/propane/safety.
About Blossman Gas:
Propane is a naturally safe, clean energy source that is used in millions of homes. For more than 67 years, Blossman Gas & Appliance has been providing comfort to families throughout the Southeast, growing to over 76 branches. The family-owned company sells more than 82 million gallons a year and offers a full variety of ranges, cooktops, water heaters, generators, gas logs, and gas grills. Blossman is a full-service company that provides everything from propane delivery to appliance sales, installation and service. For more information, call 1.888.Blossman or visit www.blossmangas.com.