An early morning fire Friday, May 2nd gutted a family home on Cane Branch Road near Burnsville. The 911 call came in at 1:06 a.m. according to Yancey Emergency Management which reported that the fire at the Haney Family home at 124 Cane Branch Road was caused by the kitchen wood stove and that the interior of the house was destroyed by the flames. Crews from the Yancey EMS, New Dale, Burnsville and South Toe Fire Departments responded to the incident where one person was transported to Blue Ridge Medical Center in Spruce Pine. No other details were available at this time. A fund raising effort has been started for the family. For more information call 284-8791.