Abby is a Star Reader because of her nomination from her teacher that said that she loves to read. When Abby finishes her classwork, she will be found reading. She is an excellent reader, and is a peer tutor for younger grades. Her enthusiasm for reading is contagious, and inspires her entire class.
Parents and teachers nominated students this past fall by sharing what makes the child a Star Reader, his or her favorite book, and an optional photograph. A total of 32 winners were randomly selected to be featured in the iconic Scholastic Reading Club flyers from February through May 2014. The flyers are distributed each month to students across the country. All the Star Reader nominations are featured on the gallery at www.scholastic.com/
"Congratulations to the 14,000 Star Readers that were nominated and to every child who finds joy in reading," said Judy Newman, Executive Vice President, Scholastic and President, Scholastic Reading Club. "Our mission is to help each child discover the love of reading through a great book, and we were thrilled to discover how many amazing Star Readers are out there and how many teachers and parents are supporting them."
List of May Star Readers
· Pre-Kindergarten: Angel Olivia, Inwood, NY
· Kindergarten: Liam Roberts, Yakima, WA
· First Grader: Ronan Hawkins, St. Charles, IL
· Second Grader: Elizabeth Rodriguez, Altadena, CA
· Third Grader: Madeline Singer, North Yarmouth, ME
· Fourth Grader: Abby Cook, Spruce Pine, NC
· Fifth Grader: Brayden Marin, Victorville, CA
· Middle School: Katie Hays, Hartman AR
For more information about Scholastic Reading Club, visitwww.scholastic.com/readingclub