Mu Kappa Lambda Inductees: (left-to-right): Caption: Dr. Susan Stigall (Honorary Inductee), Stephanie Dawn McCullough, Pennie Evans Ewart, Jenee’ G.Davis, Amber N. Cheyney, Deanna Fox Buchanan, Angela B. Brock, Emily Suzanne Allen, Ashley Delores Garner, Raymond Jester, Carla Danielle Keener, Sara Jayne Moore, Carly Lynette Puckett, Kelley L. Tomblin, Tammie R. Welch, Whitney L. Wilde
Mu Kappa Lambda, the Mars Hill University honor society for nontraditional students, inducted 15 new student members and one honorary member in a ceremony on Friday, May 2, in Broyhill Chapel on the campus.
Mu Kappa Lambda is the local chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda, a national honor society devoted to the advancement of scholarship and to the recognition of nontraditional and adult students who are continuing their higher education. The Society was established in 1945 and now exists in over 300 institutional chapters throughout the country.
To be eligible for induction into Mu Kappa Lambda, a continuing education student must have completed 24 hours of graded coursework, while maintaining a grade point average of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale and a position in the top 10 % of his or her class.
Mu Kappa Lambda inductees for 2014-15 are:
· Emily Suzanne Allen, Burnsville, NC
· Angela B. Brock, Asheville, NC
· Deanna Fox Buchanan, Black Mountain, NC
· Amber N. Cheyney, Asheville, NC
· Jenne’ G. Davis, Clyde, NC
· Pennie Evans Ewart, Leicester, NC
· Ashley Delores Garner, Asheville, NC
· Raymond Jester, Asheville, NC
· Carla Danielle Keener, Burnsville, NC
· Stephanie Dawn McCullough, Mars Hill
· Sara Jayne Moore, Candler, NC
· Carly Lynette Puckett, Fairview, NC
· Kelley L. Tomblin, Rutherfordton, NC
· Tammie R. Welch, Cherokee, NC
· Whitney L. Wilde, Marshall, NC
· Dr. Susan Stigall, assistant professor of education