As of Tuesday, March 24th at 6 pm, throughout the state of NC:
504 Cases (Presumptive and Confirmed) – 297
Deaths – 1
NC Completed Tests – 10,489
There are no presumptive or confirmed cases in Yancey County
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
People that are feeling emotional distress related to COVID-19 can take actions to help support themselves and others.
- Set a limit on media consumption, including social media, local or national news.
- Stay active. Make sure to get enough sleep and rest. Stay hydrated and avoid excessive amounts of caffeine or alcohol. Eat healthy foods when possible.
- Connect with loved ones and others who may be experiencing stress about the outbreak. Talk about your feelings and enjoy conversation unrelated to the outbreak.
- Get accurate health information from reputable sources. For health information about COVID-19, please contact the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov, your local healthcare provider, or your local 211 and 311 services, if available.
- If you’re experiencing emotional distress related to COVID-19, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or your local crisis line.
- For coping tools and resources, visit the Lifeline website at suicidepreventionlifeline.
org or Vibrant Emotional Health’s Safe Space at vibrant.org/safespace.
North Carolina Forest Service Updates
• All NCFS county offices are temporarily closed to the public
• All burning permit vendors in the county are temporarily suspended from issuing burning
permits. All burning permits must be applied for Online at ncforestservice.gov
• AS OF NOW, there is NO burning ban in effect
• Pre-arranged fire fighters are not being staffed in our county office on higher Fire danger
• Pre-arranged fire fighters are still able to assist with active fire suppression. I will contact my
roster to ensure they understand
• Fire suppression is still the priority
Reconciliation House Volunteer Opportunities
Here are to the 2 current volunteer events folks can help with. Please share with anyone who might be interested.
Volunteer link for Friday Packing
Volunteer link for Saturday distribution: